Welcome to Winterberg
It is allowed again to spend the night in Winterberg as a tourist. We are looking forward to welcoming you! However, you must take into account a number of obligations set by the German government.
Last changes: Friday 16 July 2021
- Keep 1.5 meters away from other guests at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Do not shake hands.
- Sneeze and cough in your elbow.
- Do you have a fever or a cold? Then stay at home and get tested.
- A medical mouth mask is mandatory in public transport and all public buildings (such as the supermarket, bakery, restaurant, shop).
Check in at our receptions
- If possible, we will transfer the key to you via our key safe. For example, there is no physical contact.
- If a visit to the reception is necessary, we will let one guest in our reception. We ask any other guests to wait outside.
- Any payments are made online or by debit card
(Hygiene) prior to your stay
- Our accommodations have been carefully cleaned by our housekeeping staff.
- They are trained to carefully clean the accommodation, according to the guidelines of the German healthorganization that apply to this.
- Bed linen and towels are provided in your accommodation, wrapped in plastic for hygiene reasons.
Get out during your stay
Want to enjoy a different environment? During your stay, also handle the safety measures that apply. So keep your distance! The measures that apply are always:
- Do you visit a lake or forest? Then do that by bicycle,bus, train or car.
- Always follow the guidelines that apply at catering (take away or take away) or shops.
Winterberg offers enough space to enjoy. A walk, bike ride or running round is therefore perfectly possible. Of course ... with distance!
Restaurants and shops
Shops and outdoor terraces of restaurants and cafes are open. You must wear a mouth mask and be able to show a negative corona test. A limited number of people are allowed in. Nevertheless: Enjoy!
In Duitsland gelden zowel nationale als regionale regels. Voor uw bezoek aan Winterberg heeft u te maken met de nationale Duitse maatregelen en die van de deelstaat Nordrhein-Westfalen.
We require the following information in advance from:
- The person booking: Full personal details—name, address, telephone number and private email address
- All guests: A copy of the ID
- For all guests aged six and older: A negative test result (no older than 24 hours on the day of arrival) or a vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate.
Please send the required information to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10:00 on the day before your arrival.
Check in advance whether you come from a risk area on the website of the Robert Koch Institut. Germany has three gradations: basic risk area, high-risk area, virus variant areas of concern.
If you come from an area designated by the German authorities as a risk area (basic, high or of concern), you have three obligations:
1. Obligation to register
You must register your trip in advance at einreiseanmeldung.de (English). You must have the confirmation you received with you.
2. Proof requirement
Travellers must carry a negative test certificate, proof of vaccination or proof of recovery when entering Germany. This proof must also be uploaded at einreiseanmeldung.de.
3. Quarantine requirement (expires in case of recovery, vaccination or negative test certificate)
You do not have to go into quarantine if you upload a recovery certificate, vaccination certificate or negative test certificate via einreiseanmeldung.de.
Otherwise, quarantine is mandatory. Ten days if you come from a risk area. On day five you can take a test. If it is negative, you can end the quarantine. If you come from a virus variant area, you have to spend 14 days in quarantine. This period cannot be shortened. You may not travel by train, bus, ship or plane if you come from a virus variant area.
Antigen or PCR tests are suitable for travel. On rki.de you can read which tests are accepted by the German authorities.
During your stay
Download the Luca app in advance. This is necessary everywhere in Winterberg for tracing contacts in retail and gastronomy.
There are many test centers in Winterberg where you can have yourself tested for free. View the test centers here.
Als u met een negatieve test Duitsland inrijdt, moet u zich na 4 dagen opnieuw laten testen. De uitslag van deze test moet naar ons opgestuurd worden.
After your stay
Check the entry regulations of your home country before travelling back. Travel restrictions may apply.